Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Day 1- The Annunciation
Day 5- The Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple
Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Thy faithful and enkindle in them the fire of Thy love.
V. Send forth Thy Spirit and they shall be created.
R. And Thou shalt renew the face of the earth.
Let us pray. O God, Who didst instruct the hearts of the faithful by the light of the Holy Spirit, grant us in the same Spirit to be truly wise, and ever to rejoice in His consolation. Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.
Day 6-The Agony in the Garden
Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
Water from Christ's side, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
O good Jesus, hear me
Within your wounds hide me
Suffer me not to be separated from you
From the malicious enemy defend me
In the hour of my death call me
And bid me come unto you
That I may praise you with your saints and with your angels forever and ever
Amen.
Day 7- The Scourging at the Pillar
Lord Jesus Christ, you accepted an unjust judgment.
Grant to us and to all the men and women of our time the grace to remain faithful to the truth. Do not allow the weight of responsibility for the sufferings of the innocent to fall upon us and upon those who come after us. To you, O Jesus, just Judge, be honor and glory forever and ever.
Amen.
Day 8- The Crowning of Thorns
O Christ, you came into this world to visit all those who await salvation. Grant that our generation will recognize the time of its visitation and share in the fruits of your redemption. Do not permit that there should be weeping for us because we have rejected our merciful Father’s outstretched hand. To you, O Jesus, born of the Virgin Daughter of Zion, be honor and praise forever and ever.
Amen.
Day 9- Jesus Carries His Cross
Lord Jesus Christ, who accepted the Cross at the hands of men to make of it the sign of God's saving love for humanity, grant us and all the men and women of our time the grace of faith in this infinite love. By the sign of the Cross, may we be authentic witnesses to the Redemption. To you, O Jesus, Priest and Victim, be praise and glory forever.
Amen.
Day 10- The Crucifixion
Prayer for Generosity
Eternal Word, only begotten Son of God,
Teach me true generosity.
Teach me to serve you as you deserve,
To give without counting the cost,
To fight heedless of wounds,
To labor without seeking rest,
To sacrifice myself without thought of any reward
Save the knowledge that I have done your will.
Amen.
-St. Ignatius of Loyola
Day 11- The Resurrection
Sacred Heart of Jesus, today I wish to live in You, in Your grace, in which I desire at all costs to persevere. Keep me from sin and strengthen my will by helping me to keep watch over my senses, my imagination and my heart. Help me to correct my faults which are the source of sin. I beg you to do this, O Jesus, through Mary, Your Immaculate Mother.
Amen.
Day 12- The Ascension
God, we ask for your blessings and wisdom, so that we may be stewards of all your creation.
Help us to care for the earth you have created so beautifully.
Teach us to appreciate the land, the air that we breathe, and the food that the earth nourishes us with.
God, help us to realize that we are all brothers and sisters, that we must care for one another, so that no one goes to bed hungry at night and we all have a roof over our head, a place to call home.
Help us to think of those who may be lonely and may need the reassurance that they are loved.
God, help those who have no respect for the earth, who have no respect for others, and who have no respect for our elders.
Bless them so that they may be better persons.
Thank you, God. Amen.
-Halona Teba
Saint Catherine Indian School
Sante Fe, NM
Day 13- The Descent of the Holy Spirit
Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy.
Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy.
Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy.
Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy.
Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy. Amen.
- St. Augustine of Hippo
Day 14- The Assumption
God, our Father, Creator of the world, you established the order which governs all ages. Hear our prayer and grant us peace in our time, that we may rejoice in Your glory and praise you without end.
Mary, Queen of Peace, look upon us kindly. Through your prayers obtain for us the gift of peace which your Son promised.
We ask this through the same Lord Jesus Christ, Prince of Peace, Son of God, Son of Mary, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.
Amen.
Day 15- Mary is Crowned Queen of Heaven & Earth
O Mary, who walked the way of the Cross with your Son, your mother’s heart torn by grief, but mindful always of your fiat and fully confident that He to whom nothing is impossible would be able to fulfill His promises, implore for us and generations yet to come the grace of surrender to God’s love. Help us, in the face of suffering, rejection and trial, however prolonged and severe, never to doubt His love. To Jesus, your Son, honor and glory forever and ever.
Amen.
Day 16- The Wedding Feast
Almighty and eternal God, You have so exalted the unbreakable bond of marriage that it has become the sacramental sign of Your Son’s union with the Church as His spouse.
Look with favor on those whom You have united with marriage as they ask for Your help and the protection of the Virgin Mary. We pray that in good times and bad they will grow in love for each other; that they will resolve to be of one heart in the bond of peace.
Lord, in their struggles let them rejoice that You are near to them; in their needs let them know that You are there to rescue them; in their joys let them see that You are the source and completion of every happiness.
We ask this through Christ, our Lord.
Amen.
Day 17- The Baptism in the Jordan
A life without faith
Is a candle without a flame.
God gives everyone a candle.
It is up to us to light them
And use them to light the way.
Some of us never light our candle.
We walk in fear of the darkness.
Not even our shadows seem to appear.
Yet the one who lights the candle
Is followed by God, and led down
The right pathway.
- Nicole Curtiss
Marian High School,
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Day 18- The Proclamation
Above all, trust in the slow work of God.
We are quite naturally impatient in everything to reach the end without delay.
We should like to skip the intermediate stages.
We are impatient of being on the way to something unknown, something new.
And yet it is the law of all progress that it is made by passing through some stages of instability - and that it may take a very long time.
And so I think it is with you; your ideas mature gradually- let them grow, let them shape themselves, without undue haste.
Don’t try to force them on, as though you could be today what time (that is to say, grace and circumstances acting on your own good will) will make of you tomorrow.
Only God could say what this new spirit gradually forming within you will be.
Give our Lord the benefit of believing that his hand is leading you, and accept the anxiety of feeling yourself in suspense and incomplete.
-Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, SJ
Day 19- The Transfiguration
Who Am I?
I am a person like no one else in the world.
I am the people I have met.
I am the experiences I have had.
I am the mistakes I have made and the wisdom
I have gained from them.
I am the lessons I have learned and the ones I have given.
I am the good times in my life and the bad ones too.
I am the emotions I have felt and the thoughts I have thought.
God, I am the life I have lived.
Although it’s not a perfect one,
understand that I am doing the best I can with what you have given me.
Because all that I have to work with ... is me.
-Tom Moore
Bishop Foley High School
Madison Heights, MI
Day 20- The Institution of the Eucharist
O Jesus, I want You for my sake, because I am weak, because I am a sinner.
O Jesus, I want You for Your sake, that I may know You, love You and grow to be like You.
O Jesus, I want You for the sake of others, that I may never do them harm, always do them good and give You to them.
Since you want me, Jesus, take me, all that I have, all that I am, and all that I can be.
Day 21- Our Lady help of Christians
O Mary Help of Christians, Patroness of Australia, Mother of Mercy, Queen of Heaven and earth, refuge of sinners, we consecrate ourselves to thine Immaculate Heart.
To thee we consecrate our country, our families, our hearts, our souls and all that we have.
And in order that this consecration may be truly effective and lasting, we renew today the promise of our Baptism and Confirmation; we undertake to live as good Christians –faithful to God, the Church and the Holy Father. We desire to pray the Rosary, partake in the Holy Eucharist, attach special importance to the first Saturday of the month and work for the conversion of sinners.
Furthermore we promise, O most holy Virgin, that we will zealously spread devotion to thee, so that through our consecration to thine Immaculate Heart and through thine own intercession, the coming of the Kingdom of Christ in the world may be hastened.
Amen.
Day 22- Our Lady of Guadalupe
I call you. I’m a voice in nature, a silent whisper of faith. Sometimes you run from my open hands. I call you in service. I am present in the wind and warmth of the sun. I’m calling you to a life of peace. My voice is in the hills, the mountains, and lakes. It is in the face of a mother struggling to conquer hunger. It is the warmth of a father’s hands, striving to keep his family warm in their little thatched hut.
I call you within the deserts of Mexico and in the kindness of oppressed people. I call you from this material world to a world of true happiness, one that gratifies the soul and mind.
My voice is calling you to be a servant of Christ, a messenger, a guide, and a life-lover. I’m calling you to reach out and be concerned for the world. Love all people, and never let go of my voices. It may start as a whisper but become a yell. Answer it. Come to me. Live out your true destiny. Become one with yourself, God and society. Never reject my voice. You can learn so much about yourself and others from such a small whisper inside this troubled world.
-Jonathan Huth Saint John High School, Gulfport, MS
Day 23- The Immaculate Conception
Most Holy Trinity, we place the United States of America into the hands of Mary Immaculate in order that she may present the country to You. Through the intercession of Mary, have mercy on the Catholic Church in America. Have mercy on our President and on all the officers of our government. Protect family life in our nation. Grant the precious gift of many vocations to the priesthood and religious life. Have mercy on the sick, the poor, the tempted and all who are in need.
Mary, Immaculate Virgin, Our Mother, Patroness of our land, we honor you and ask your maternal protection and care for us. Obtain for us the graces we need to live and die according to the Will of your Divine Son.
Amen.
52 comments:
My daughter will be attending her first WYD, I am very excited for her but anxious myself this is the longest and farthest she will be away from home. I am glad this blog will keep me connected to her I have marked in my favorites and will be checking it often so please post regularly. Thanks for keeping me in the know
Teddie Belz mom of Denise
I found this prayer to St. Raphael and I thought it would be a nice blessing for the WYD group.
Prayer Before a Trip
Dear St. Raphael, your lovely name means "God heals." The Lord sent you to young Tobias to guide him throughout a long journey. Upon his return you taught him how to cure his father's blindness. How natural, therefore, for Christians to pray for your powerful help for safe travel and a happy return. This is what we ask for ourselves as well as for all who are traveling far from home.
I would like to wish everyone a safe and enjoyable trip. To my family Pat, Desiree' and Tadd, enjoy your time in Australia, I love you very much. Experience all you can in the land down under. To everyone that will be experiencing the WYD Pilgrimage. There is a saying "Life is not about the destination, it's about the journey itself". But in this case I hope you will enjoy both the destination as well as the journey.
Bill Wirbick
As a parent who is sending a son, Kyle on this WYD as well as going on the trip myself, I thank the HOLY SPIRIT for guiding us to the Camden group...they really rock (as in Peter, the rock). We will try to keep everyone up to date on our activites, Love Kathy and Kyle
God Bless You ALL!!! I am excited for Chelsea! I know she is following God's path for her life...but as a mom it is scary to let go....keep us informed..the parishoners at Holy Name of Jesus Church will be praying for you! Be fishers of men!
Sacred Heart of Jesus...thy kingdom come!
xoxo
Lisa(Chelsea's mom)
Pilgrims, it is just the first leg of the journey and I am already on the site, I do not want to miss anything. take lots of pictures wish i was along for the journey. Dee Dee B text me anytime!!!
I keep waiting for the phone to ring. LOL I see they just left Phoenix, I wonder how tired they are? Long lay over in LA. The Mass was wonderful this morning. I hope Lauren gets to sleep, I know I will, I am exhausted.
Glad they've landed safely in LAX. The next 16 hours will be tough for sure! I'm so exhausted but feel just a little bit guilty getting into my nice comfy bed knowing the pilgrims are sitting in an airport with a long night/day ahead of them trying to sleep in coach. Hopefully they'll get some sleep.
Hello Pilgrims! We can't wait until you land! The stress is too much. Take lots and lots of pictures and mostly have a great time!! We miss you Chelsea!!
xoxo
Lisa and Hank & ALL the Westermann's
They've arrived at last in Australia, Thank God! I'm a bit confused about the chain as I received 2 phone calls from different people??? I read on the pilgrim post where someone didn't receive a call, not sure what's up with this phone chain.
Now the adventure begins. Good luck and God Bless the Pilgrims!!!
I got 2 calls from the phone chain also, it was confusing. I got an e-mail from Lauren, having fun, hugging a kangaroo and exhausted. It was such a relief when flight tracker said they landed. As much as I wanted to go, I would of never survived the trip.
Sunday was a loooonnnngggg day waiting to hear that you arrived safely in Australia. I certainly could rest better after finally getting word. May God continue to keep you under his care and may you have a wonderful time on your adventure! xo Alice (Ed's Mom)
Anyone know where they will post pictures? I would of thought there would of been some. I am new to this blog thing> LOL
Moms & Dads,
Whenever a doubt enters yours minds as to wether you are raiseing you son or daughter properly and that they are following the right path...Remember these days of WYD2008.
They "OUR CHILDREN" have chosen this path themselves. They are where they want to be! A journey of FAITH,LOVE,FRIENDSHIP & Adventure. That is awesome! I`am very proud of each & everyone one of them!
Moms & Dads, give yourselves a pat on the back! Were doing good work!
God morning all my name is Teddie and I am Denise's mom, the phone chain has worked fine for me I have heard from my contact and then forwarded the message to the person I am responsible to call. I will gladly notify anyone wanting a call when I get information If you would like me to add your name and number to my call list call me @ 609-221-1849
Portland
Hope u are having a good time.
Your coworkers at
Boscovs wish u well.
I hope u are having the time of u life. Tap well for the Pope.
See ya soon
Your friend Sue
Dr. Chris...Pat & dan C here from St. Catherine's. We want a FULL report when you return. We have scheduled a 23 day trip to Australia, New Zealand, and Tasmania at Thanksgiving (this year). So ... pay special attention so that we can understand what the culture and sights are to see. We wish you well and God's speed in your travels. Fr Jaromir says HELLO ...
We are Karen Ebling's mom and dad. We are so proud that Karen was able to go on WYD2008. It will be a great experience for her and we hope she will make a lot of new friends. We miss her a lot but hope she is having fun. Her chaperone, Sr. Sonja, is terrfic and we wish her the best during this time as well. See you when you both get back in Philly at midnight.
All our love,
Mike and Debbie Ebling
I heard from my son Evan this evening and he told me the pilgrims are freezing. The high temperature for today is 42 degrees! He said he's rethinking his decision to climb the bridge since it's a 3 hour climb and colder in Sydney.
He told me lunch at the Hard Rock was great, the amusement park was awesome, the Aussies are very friendly, and the hotels are nice.
Thanks Desiree for posting the pictures I am delighted to see whats going on down under. Please keep them coming
Teddie
I am Jessica-Rae's Mom and heard from her yesterday (Tuesday, 7/8). She got to hold a Koala named Cindy (of course, she now wants one for her own) and feed a kangaroo. I have no doubt the pilgrims will continue to be safe in the Lord's hands as they are on God's intended mission. Keep the pictures coming. It's the best part!
God Bless all the pilgrims!
Hello Pilgrims!
The pictures are great!Thank You!
I think I laughed as hard as Fr. Tom was laughing when I saw that first picture!
Be sponges-take everything in!
Kathy
PS It was great to hear your voices yesterday!
It looks like you are all having a great time. We are very happy that you appear to be doing fabulous. We are praying you will all find the gifts from the Spirit, that is meant for each and every one of you. Enjoy your time and know that you are thought of each and every day. We saw the picture of the group of you in the Star Herald. You all look great! We will be checking the blogg to learn what is going on. Great idea! Love the pictures, also. Mark and Beth Herrera
HI Gabriella
Hope you are having a good time.
make sure you keep a journal so you can tell us all about your trip. Aunt Theresa had a beautiful 9lb5once baby boy Mark
Matthew..Keep us all in your prayers as you are in ours. We love you!!!!!!!!
Cortland,
Have a grand time. Loking for your picture. Dance well! Safe trip home.
Bob & Chris
Hi Pilgrims! We hope you are having a blast! The photos are great! We are lifting you up in prayer! Chelsea we miss you!
Let us know how you are doing. Henry will send you an e-mail tomorrow ...he wants to know how many more days!!??
xoxo
Hank and Lisa
Hank and Lisa
Thanks so much for the pictures! We loved them!! I am so glad you are all having such a fabulous time. We think of you every day and miss you lots. Keep the updates coming and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! God bless all of you!
Ann & Tom Coyle
Emily we miss you but are glad you are having an awesome time. We are very proud of you and hope you take it all in......May God continue to bless you and all the pilgrims on this journey and always.
Mom and Dad
Happy Birthday MK. I know this is early but I don't know when you will read this. It was good to hear from you on dad's birthday. Hope you are having a good time.
Love,
Mom
Hello to my wonderful niece. Heard you are having a blast even though your young cousin isn't with you. Been getting updates from your Mom and Nana. Take care of yourself.
Uncle Martin
Hello Pilgrims! Have a safe trip to Sydney today and enjoy your stop in Camden. Glad to hear you're having so much fun.
Desiree, thanks for bringing your blackberry!
Evan, we miss you, and Michael, JB and Melissa say hello. Mom-Mom says be careful climbing that bridge, Pop says have fun climbing! Don't forget to take lots of pictures.
Love,
Mommy and Dad
Have a safe trip to Sydney. We miss you Emily (AKA/Snappy). Hope you are having the time of your life. Please post again once everyone is setteled in Sydney.
SUE
Hello to our wonderful niece. Your young cousin has forgiven you for leaving her behind and missing out on all of the fun. Heard you have been taken thousands and thousands of photos, the three of us can't wait to see them. Take care of yourself.
Uncle Martin and Aunt Ann Marie
George Fuchs
Please ask the pilgrims to pray for Aunt Maryann. She has been transferred to a skilled nursing facility for 21 days of therapy. Progress is very slow. She will probably have to live with Angela when she is released. We hope your legs are OK and that you are having a wonderful time. We saw the Pope arrive in Sydney.
God bless you all and stay safe.
Mom
Mary Kate - You Rock! You got a call in on both of their birthdays! Your're better than you-know-who :) I hope you have a great birthday!! Sweet 16 is oh so sweet :) Love you. Stay healthy and have FUN! Be the social butterfly that you are!
Love- Colleen
Hi Pilgrims! Hopefully you're all safe in Sydney.
Evan, Aunt Beth wants to know if the Aussies sing "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Mate" and "Kookaberra Sits in the Old Gum Tree", and Teddy wants to know if the toilets flush the opposite way.
We love and miss you. Drink in all you can this week!
Mom and Dad
Mary Kate....I can't believe my Godchild is going to turn 16 in Australia while being surrounded by all of the wonderful youth and the Pope! I certainly couldn't dream of such a wonderful way to spend my Sweet 16!!!! The girls want to sing you Happy Birthday, but we know we can't call you, so they are going to sing it their way (I am adding in some lyrics too) Happy Birthday to you..cha cha cha, Happy Birthday to you...cha cha cha, Happy Sweet 16 Mary Kathryn Harte on July 19th...cha cha cha....Happy Sweet 16 to you!
When you come home we are going to Applebee's for dinner to celebrate your birthday, and to see all of your pictures and hear all of your great stories!!! Hope you are having a great time and that you got to see your favorite band "The Wiggles," in concert when you were at the amusement park. I know it would have made you so happy!!
Love you, and hope you are having the time of your life,
Steve, Michele, Marisa, Cara and Baby Peter too!
kyle,
hope your having a great time and enjoying all the new foods your trying. your missing a great week @sea isle city!
love ya Mom & Dad
Hi Lauren,
Charlie and I miss you--work is coming along and thank you so much for the prayers--keep them up.
Trying to figure out what to have for dinner on your return---you know it will be special. Grandmom and Grandpop miss you.
Take care, have fun and I will talk to you soon.
Hello to All,
Karen - We are all so proud of you and look forward to seeing you next week when everyone gets home. Hope eveyone has a great week in Syndey and the Sheraton. Thanks to Father Tom for making all of the arrangements and for toughing out the slide.
May the Lord shine His love on all in this WYD week's events.
Mike and Debbie Ebling
Hello to my wonderful niece. Your Mom is on the countdown for your return. Mom is presently counting the days, I figure it will come down to hours, minutes and seconds the closer it gets for your arrival home. Your young cousin saw the photo of the Mass at the New Zealand Airport and pick you out right away without hesitation.
Take care of yourself.
Uncle Martin
Hello Pilgrims! I think we are all anxiously awaiting your return, although you may not be ready to return since it looks like your having such a good time! The pictures are wonderful and Australia looks like a beautiful paradise from everything I've seen on the web. How lucky all of you are. Stay safe and you are all in our prayers! Jess, Grammy and Aunt Nee Nee said Hi and Uncle Normer keeps asking about you. Enjoy!
Hi Cait--
I hope you're having a good time and that you bagged me some fresh koala bear. Lucas and I are missing you, and all of the Kennedys and Bells in Canada say hi. I'll see you when you get home.
Bye "mate"
Shaun
Desiree.....
THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATED PICTURES!
I have been waiting patiently for some new ones.
Emily,
It looks like you are having a blast, we miss you and are counting down the days for your return.
May god continue to bless and keep all of you.
SUE
Hi Lauren A.
Thought you might want to know your college board scores.
Biology 4
Calculus (are you sitting down) 5
Spanish 3
no grade for US history yet.
Looks like Villanova is accepting them all for credit.
Congrats!!!
Miss you, Love, Mom
Hey Dee Dee, miss u a lot, things are good here and very hot, we can not wait to see your pictures and hear about your adventures. Aaron did a great job last night, singing and DANCING several people came up to me and said he is following in your footsteps. Would you say hi to the Pope for me? Have fun climbing the bridge smile bright at the summit when they take your picture, oh and text me when you're back on the ground.
To our Niece Denise,
We miss you and hope you are having a blast. Can't wait to hear all about the trip.
Be Safe and God Bless!
Love Sissie & Uncle Ron
Hello down under! It's surreal to watch the events on EWTN and know that you're all there. It's also strange to know that the vigil takes place tomorrow night for us in NJ, but it's tonight for you!
Evan we're recording as much as we can! We love and miss you and can't wait for you to come home. Enjoy these last few days. Brenden and Mary were here today and were asking about you. Brenden misses Australia and thinks NJ is very crowded, haha.
Lauren, congrats on those fantastic AP scores!!!
Kyle, hope you're feeling better.
Have a Blessed and Spirit filled vigil, Pilgrims....Our prayers are with you all.
Wow is right, what an amazing Mass to watch. Lauren, Grandpop was even watching! We looked for you. LOL, Grandmom said the stations of the cross were amazing! It is so hot here and we are in a heat wave. I am off to 8:00 Mass at St. Mary, hopefully I will have the new priest. You had a reading today @8:00 Mass, don't think you are making it, I called someone to cover. Have a safe trip home, God bless you all and I will see you soon!
Hey Denise the beast!
Mom finally showed me this site. You look like your having lots of fun... I definatley wish I were there (and not at Campbells!).
Can't wait to see all your pictures.
Enjoy your last few days and I'll see you soon!
<3
Robin (&Bean)
PS - Michael says when you get back there wiil be plenty of work for you to do at the house!
Hello Alex S, and to all you lucky Pilgrims,
We have been watching WYD2008 on EWTN. Great coverage on the events but not enough on the Pilgrams like the other WYDs. Come back home and let it all effect your lives. It may not happen over night but if you say YES like Our Lady Mary did Our God is a Awesome
Father. Bring the beauty of your trip home.
Love Mom and Dad
Miss you.
Hello Pilgrims,
What a great experience all of you are having! We miss you and can't wait to see you on home soil. Take in everything you can and bring it home to share with us!Dan, everyone misses you, Julie and Sarah are counting the days! Keep snapping those pictures!
Love,
The Coyle Family
Hello to our wonderful niece. This is to wish you and your fellow pilgrims a safe journey home. Your Aunt, young cousin and myself are looking forward to seeing you Wednesday evening. Cheerio for now.
Uncle Martin, Aunt Ann Marie and Ann.
Post a Comment